Meadow Lake Airport
BOD Meeting Minutes
August 14, 2007
- Meeting brought to order @ 3:08pm
- Jack Dhooghe
- Lee Wolford
- Dave Elliott
- Mike Easley
- Donn Ravers
- Meeting Minutes – Donn Ravers: Minutes approved from July 10, 2007 meeting (7-0)
- Treasurer Report - Lee Wolford: Lee is still waiting for some information on the payment of some legal fees in question to resolve the issue. Treasurers Report approved (7–0).
- Equipment Report - Richard Martin: The Oshkosh plow and the "Big Broom" have been repaired. The brushes, on the broom, will probably need replacing by spring 2008.
- Presidents Report - Jack Dhooghe: Jack reported that he and our counsel, Victoria Swanson, met with FAA regarding our FAA funding for the MLA land. Jack reported that the FAA has frozen our land funding until some changes are made in the MLA Articles of Incorporation. A proposed draft was presented for board review and approval.
- MLA Development Committee - Jean Jenkins: No report or changes for this meeting.
- MLAA By-Law Committee - Mike Easley: Reported progress on getting committee organized for reviewing and making recommendations to the current MLAA By-Laws.
- Dave Elliott reported his progress to try and find a resolution for repairing Taxiway Echo. He has made progress in disseminating information but no resolution at this point.
- Lee Wolford reported that the new signage for RW33 run-up area not complete.
- Lee Wolford reported providing parking slab for transient airplanes not complete.
- Richard Martin stated the weed spraying on the crosswind is complete and suggested we look at a more permanent fix for weed control on main runway and taxiway lights. The process would involve putting down fabric.
- Action taken – It was considered cost effective and the vote 7-0 in favor. Richard Martin will proceed to get this done.
- Jack Dhooghe had CDOT give an assessment on the condition of main runway. They considered it okay and to re-assess in another year.
- Verlin Schauer made a motion to fund the repair of the crosswind where needed. 2nd by Richard Martin. Motion carried 7-0
- Trent Harwig, Fire Chief of Falcon Fire Protection District, presented the fire code changes that MLA will be facing from this date forward. Meadow Lake Airport will need to have a water source to comply with new fire code rules. Richard Martin will look into the possibility of getting a water agreement for the fire hydrant on Judge Orr and Aerostar. Dave Elliott and Verlin Schauer will see if burying water tanks in Dave Elliott’s holding ponds for a fire protection water source is cost effective. Verlin has a contact for the water tanks but we would have to pay for the cost to pick up and transport to our location.
- Carl Schueler, Long Range Planning Manager, for the Falcon-Peyton Area Master Plan Committee presented the committee charter. He spoke to the goals, objectives, planning process and how Meadow Lake Airport can be part of the process to address our concerns and long term goals. Jack Dhooghe was made the contact for any communication dealing with the Falcon-Peyton Master Plan Committee.
- Motion to adjourn @ 5:31PM