Meadow Lake Airport Association Inc.
"Colorado’s Largest Pilot Owned Airport"
Board of Directors Meeting
Tuesday March 8, 2005
President Jack Dhooghe called the Meeting to order at 3:08 PM. Present were Members, Dave Elliott, Gene Kear, Richard Martin, Verlin Schauer, Mark Shook, and Lee Wolford. Absent: none
Verlin made a motion to approve minutes of a special board meeting held Jan 25, 2005. 2nd by Richard Martin. Dave Elliott objected to the minutes and stated that the meeting was not called in accordance with the by-laws as he was not notified. Mark Shook stated that he was not asked to notify anyone, but was given a paper signed by 5 board members calling a special meeting on Jan 25 to approve the 25 acre land deal, and could not be there as he had jury duty that day. Mark reminded the board of that his request to reschedule that meeting the next day when both he and the Treasurer could attend was denied by the president. The minutes were approved with 5 In Favor, 1 Opposed. Mark Shook abstained as he was not present at that meeting.
- MINUTES Secretary/Mark Shook:
- Copies of the minutes of the February 8th 2005 meeting were passed to and reviewed by the board members.
Lee Wolford made a motion the minutes be approved as presented, 2nd by Gene Kear. Approved 7-0.
- TREASURERS REPORT Treasurer Dave Elliott reported that 40% of the 2005 annual dues have been collected as of today's meeting. Dave noted that we are behind on the annual budget due to $30,000.00 worth of bills from Jim Sirhall at ADG, which are reimbursable by future grants, and $2,000.00 worth of legal bills from our attorney for the by-law revision Jack Dhooghe asked her to work on.
- Mark Shook made a motion to accept the treasurers report. 2nd by Lee Wolford. Approved 7-0.
- Vehicle Maintenance REPORT/ Richard Martin. Jerry Flesher donated 2 -500 gallon fuel tanks which have been relocated to the MLAA storage shed.
- ACC/ Gene Kear There have been 2 projects submitted. The Executive Hangars addition plans have been reviewed and will be approved, Dave Elliott and Lee Leshers building plans have been approved.
- Randy Hodges of B/W systems made a presentation on installing video security cameras on the airport. This was for information of the board members only, no action was taken. Board members asked questions, and by unanimous consent decided to seek more information and member input.
- The board discussed the current status of the Turner property as it has been listed for sale. Dave Elliott reported that the dues are up to date. Verlin Schauer expressed concern that it might be sold with the new owner expecting to leave the residence modular home in place, a violation of the agreement the Turner's signed with the airport.
The meeting was Adjourned at 5:13PM.
Mark Shook/Secretary Meadow Lake Airport Association, Inc.